anyway, farewell 2006, roll on the oh-7.
whatever songs i favourited at the start of the year, i pretty much retained throughout the year because i'm such a keeper....
these are a few of my favourite things:
the gossip standing in the way of control
booka shade in white rooms
mary j blige mjb da mvp (from an old album, i know)
fuckpony ride the pony
nypc ice cream
e&a ALBUM: my #1 favourite thing of the year
the long blondes ALBUM especially once&never again & only lovers & giddy stratospheres
amy winehouse REHAB
the knife ALBUM
dead disco city place/the treatment/automatic
klaxons: REMIXES of gravity & atlantis & magick. originals are ropey shit, hell yeah
nightmare of you my name is trouble: emo disco
young love discotech more emo disco
the sounds TONY THE BEAT + rex the dog rmx AMAZING
- tdk was weird this year - no cohesion of 'scene' or direction and mess-up/dropping of various acts meant it was a drunken & confusing night spent wandering from club to club, mostly waiting for ellen allien to come on. still stayed up for 48 hours tho. yeh yeh.
- acid on sea - everything u could want from a boat party: pirates, parrots and classic rave tuuuunes.
- we love space/ibiza in september: let me go back, please?
- ellen allien & apparat @ benicassim & fabric: i've basically dedicated all my resources to obsessing over these techno-god-geniuses. i just have to remember not to talk to strangers in future *blush*
- trash one last time 27/12/06: please don't go?