token girl: like a girl, but better

Friday 20 May 2005

scissor sisters

i am a firm beliver in the life-changing, earth-shattering haircut. i had one after my 21st birthday.

oddly, the one concrete thing that unites me and my three best friends now we're all grown-up is our hairdresser, Conrad. he was the first man to cut my hair, and probably won't be the last. however, he understands that i have a VISION for my hair future, and he wants to help me achieve it. this ambition and focus does not apply to any other area of my life.

Conrad himself is an inspiration, the last time i visited him at tusk on camden high street he was wearing a white short sleeved shirt, black tie, low-slung jeans and big black boots. his hair was shaved around the back of his head and his fringe was lopsided across his forehead. his trademark moustache was in place. i could hardly breathe.

No comments: